30 May, 2010
Today when I was out on a walk with my younger dog on a leash and my senior dog in his stroller, I was reminded of how amazing a dog stroller can be. If you are like me and have one dog who can walk without issue, and another who can only walk for a few minutes then you will appreciate what I am saying. Having the ability to take both dogs out for the walks they both enjoy so much is so rewarding I don't know what I ever did without one :) For those of you who are new to the concept, here are the top 10 reasons to use a dog stroller.
1. Allows your senior dog to come on long walks again.
2. Older dogs can walk when able and ride when they need a rest, allowing them to continue to get the exercise they need to stay healthy.
3. Getting your older dog out and about helps to keep their minds stimulated, contributing to better mental health.
4. You no longer have to look into the disappointed face of your senior dog as you tell them they can't come with you because now they can!
5. Dog strollers are easy to transport so you can bring them anywhere.
6. The right dog stroller can last years giving you extreme value for your dollar.
7. Older dogs love the view from the dog stroller. It keeps them young at heart and can breathe new life into your senior dog.
8. Not only can a dog stroller help to keep your elderly dog active, but you might find yourself shedding a few pounds as well with all the walking or jogging.
9. If your dog has arthritis, is injured or disabled, a dog stroller is a great way to help them travel safely whether it's to the vet, groomer or to the park.
10. Many dog strollers can fit two dogs comfortably so even if you have two older dogs, you can all get back to walking again. Can you think of some reasons I missed? Share your thoughts or experiences with your dog stroller.